Saturday, October 2, 2010

Because I feel like posting something...

...that means I will, but something tells me it's not going to be that substantial. I'd like to keep the blog updated more, but in general it comes pretty low on my list of priorities behind (in no particular order) work, spending time with friends, reading, watching movies or TV, sleeping, exercising, writing about political scandals, and so on. It certainly doesn't help that my interest on a particular topic can vary, leaving half-assembled posts in the draft stage. At some point, I'll probably have my perspective ready on the Angry Video Game Nerd's "The Dragon in My Dreams," a third entry in "I Make Fun of State Quarters," and something on how the lamprey is a horrible creature.

For now, the big news is simply that I've got a new job with these fellas:


That is, I'm no longer a reporter with the Sun Journal's office in Norway, Maine and that's another thing I'll have to update in these blogs. After three-and-a-half years covering everything from local political spats to what it's like to jump out of a plane, I've moved on to Patch.com to run a community news site for New London, Connecticut. At some point, I may reflect on the varying ups and downs of the move. In general, I've already been pleased with the attractions of New London (despite the omnipresent whinging about the city in various forums, because if you believe the Internet everything and everywhere and everyone is the most awful aspect of life you'll ever come across). However, I've been especially saddened to leave behind friends. I've already had shifts in who I pal around with between high school and college and college and my first job, but I have a feeling I'll miss the Maine friends and attractions quite a bit.

Aside from that, well...I'm steadily cutting down on the list of movies I want to see and might have it completed by spring. Any recommendations are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment